Leumeah Public School

Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be a Learner

Telephone02 4625 5245




Enrolment for students commencing Kindergarten in 2025 will commence May 2024. Parents and carers are asked not to complete an enrolment application for their enrolling child/ren until May 2024.  Any 2025 enrolments requested before May 2024 will be removed and parents/carers will be required to complete a new enrolment application when 2025 enrolments open.

Simple Steps for an IN AREA ENROLMENT

1.   Use the Document Return Checklist below to assist you to prepare the required documentation before completing an online enrolment:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunisation History Statement
  • Residential Address Check documents (100 points – minimum of five documents)

If relevant to your child/family circumstances, you may also need to prepare:

  • Passport and visa documents (if you are a non-Australian citizen/temporary visa holder
  • Medical/healthcare or emergency action plans (if your child has a medical condition eg. Asthma/allergies)
  • Documentation to support any disability/learning support your child may need (if your child receives NDIS)
  • Family law or court orders (if there are parenting orders in place)

2.  Complete an application for online enrolment and upload the requested documents before submitting your application.

Ensure you upload all the required documents before submitting your application to ensure the timely processing of your child/ren’s enrolment.


1.  Complete an enrolment at your local (in area) school

2.  Complete an Out-of-area online enrolment application

Please note, we endeavour to inform parents and caregivers as soon as possible of the outcome of their Out-of-area (Non local) enrolment application however, this may not be possible until the commencement of the new school year.

Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

If you have received an offer for placement into Year 7 next year and submitted your expression of interest online, visit the online enrolment sign in page to accept this offer and progress your application to enrol.

If you did not submit your expression of interest online, are not eligible or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.